Aug 28, 2006

Out of the mouths of babes......

This is why I love working with children---a few days ago as I was getting ready to dismiss my kids from circle time Daniel came over to me, gave me a huge hug and said "I love you and I'm so happy to be at preschool!" I told him I loved him too and that I was glad he was coming to preschool. Then he sat down and said that he wanted to say a prayer, so I said ok, and told the kids Daniel was going to say a prayer. He closed his eyes, bowed his head and started rambling, then said "Thank you God for my school, that we can take a nap and play on the slide...that's all, Amen." I just thought it was the sweetest thing. Just when I think I've heard it all, they hit me with something new. Kids are always honest and aren't afraid to tell it like it is. Of course there are the times they are too honest like when one little boy said "Ms. Laura (I was wearing a ball cap on this day), I bet your hair looks really bad under that hat. You look kinda rough....."

2 comments:

c said...

What is bad is when your kid makes the comments of honesty in public. Now that is great. Many times I try to hide my laughter, but I am not good at that. Like the time when Anna barked like a dog to a man in Wal-mart who had very shaggy hair. She kept saying "mommy doggie doggie" while pointing at him. Needless to say very funny, but the man, who was behind us checking out, did not find it so funny. Scott and I have laughed endlessly on that one. Enjoy the little ones while they are honest!! I dread the day they learn to lie!!

Sunshine Montessori said...

That happens quite often, especially at Wal-Mart. Kristin has gotten a little better at not being so loud when pointing out people's shape, size, and skin color!