Jun 2, 2007

I Can't See!!!!!

Kistin has inherited so many characteristics from me--stubborn, no attention span, artsy, loves to read, and now we've discovered that she is lucky enough to have bad vision--like me!!

I'd planned to take Kristin to the eye doctor since I'd noticed her getting REALLY close to papers when drawing, reading, etc. I waited untilthey did a vision exam at the pediatirican's office for her school physical. Well, lo and behold, she had lots of trouble. So, I made an appointment for Thursday to go to the eye doctor. Chris said he'd heard good things about the doctor at the Wal-Mart vision center, so that's where we went. It was an interesting visit, to say the least. Kristin has issues with strangers, especially men, but by the end of the exam, she'd warmed up to Dr. Brewer (who was wonderful!). He said she is definitley nearsighted and has an astigmatism. He said that is rare to see it this early and the good news is that we found it early. The bad news is that her eyes will continue to get worse, as mine have done. When the doctor held up some lenses in front of her eyes and asked if she could see better, her eyes lit up, she grinned and said "YES"! So, we picked out some frames...the vision center was having a 20% discount for associates and their family, and we found a cute pair of frames on clearance for 10 bucks--thank goodness for Wally World! We are anxiously waiting for the glasses to come in...maybe today, if not then on Monday. I will post pictures of Kristin in her glasses.

We have been busy busy busy. Chris is back working nights for a couple of weeks and things at school have been hectic. Last night was graduation--it went well and it seemed to rain all over Siloam except for where we were. Now we have to get ready for our summer program. Next week Kristin will be going to art camp for a couple of hours in the morning. She is excited about it and I can't wait to see the creations she will come up with. Next Friday Chris and I are going to Eureka Springs for the weekend. Hopefully it won't rain on us.

I'm off to try to get our pool clean and running well...anyone want to come visit and help??hehehe!

No comments: