Jun 16, 2008

A Day in Eureka



Saturday we spent the day in Eureka Springs and had so much fun. We rode the train, went to Turpentine Creek, which is a large animal refuge and is just awesome, and of course we ate and just relaxed. I love that town...it's close and there is so much to do and see. Next time we will spend the night. Kristin loved seeing all the big cats, but her favorite thing was a monkey named Goober! Pretty much all the animals they have are recues from abusive families, circuses, etc. We also made the trek up to the "Big Jesus". Kristin was not to impressed with it, but I was impressed with the picture I took...the sky was so pretty.


The Eureka Springs Train Depot





Tickets Please! I think she smiled the entire train ride



All cats are lazy!




It was a beautiful day!
I don't know why these pictures are not centered!


Kristin watching Goober being fed




Completely Worn OUT!!




This summer has started off to be pretty busy. Kristin is going to Sunshine Montessori with me and is in the school-age program. Her favorite thing is that they spend three hours at the aquatic center three times a week. I've gotten our pool up and going, so many days she swims twice a day. I can't believe it is already the middle of June...summer is already flying by.

Hope Father's Day was good for everyone. As always, it is a little bittersweet for me, but Kristin and Chris kept me occupied. On the 12th Chris and I celebrated our anniversary..nine years...doesn't seem possible.

Well, I am off to bed...today was not a good day, so I am looking forward to having a much better tomorrow!

2 comments:

c said...

Ok the other night Stephanie and I ate dinner together and we both were wondering about you. We both said we had not heard from you in a while and were starting to think you fell off the face of the earth! ha ha

glad to see you are still here on earth and enjoying it too!

I like your haircut! We went to Eureka on our honeymoon and got snowed in! The best way to spend a honeymoon!!! hee hee
Glad you got to have a family outing. FUN!

Everything Natural Pet Food said...

Love your blog. I love animals and caring for animals. Looks like you have so much fun.