Sep 18, 2006

The Klutz Gene

Yes, Kristin is blessed enough to have received the klutz gene, along with being a climber, from me. I thought Saturday was going to be like any other....we got up, went to soccer, I was in my room reading, Kristin was in her room playing and Chris was mowing the yard--perfect Saturday. While in the middle of my suspensful Dean Koontz book I heard a crash followed by a scream. I tore to Kristin's room, almost falling myself (the klutz gene), I found Kristin laying in the floor crying and holding her cheek. I checked to make sure she didn't have a broken arm or anything too serious (you never know with the klutz gene) and got her calmed down enough to find out what had happened. Apparently she wanted to see her Daddy mowing the backyard, so she climbed on top of her toy box to look out her window. I guess that seemed like a much better way instead of just walking to the patio door....anyway, she slipped, fell, and hit her face on the windowsill. It's much better now, but over the weekend it looked like she'd been in a punching match!

The klutz gene....combine that with wanting to climb everything and impulsivity and you get....KRISTIN!

2 comments:

c said...

Seems that I can recall several klutz moments from high school.
Hee Hee

Sunshine Montessori said...

Yes, and sad to say, it hasn't gotten any better and I've passed it on to my daughter!!!!