Jul 18, 2007

Summertime Fun!



Well, summer is finally here in Northwest Arkansas. We've been spoiled the past month--lots of rain and low temps. Not anymore--this week has been miserable in true Arkansas form. Hot, humid and just yucky. So, we are spending lots of time in the pool. Kristin can touch the bottom of the pool now but is still kind of uneasy without her floaties or ring. She will go under and hold her breath. Next summer we'll definitely be doing swimming lessons.

Tonight I made my first attempt at decorating a cake. It's a sad looking cake and I almost didn't post a picture of it! The cake stuck to my pan, which made me mad, so it didn't have a good start. But it was fun. Maybe by November I can make a halfway decent birthday cake for Kristin. She made me feel good and told me the cake was beautiful! Chris didn't have much to say about it, but I'm sure the looks won't stop him from eating it!






I finally got my summer haircut. I let my hair grow over the fall and winter then cut it all off for the summer. She took off 10-11 inches...there was a ton of hair on the floor when she finished. It used to drive Chris crazy that I do this, but I think he's finally gotten used to it. Kristin was devestated that I cut my hair---she's all into long hair. The other night as she was inspecting my hair she wanted to know why some of my hairs are SILVER!!! It's time to go in for some highlights!!!!




4 comments:

c said...

So where is the photo of the new haircut???
Hard to comment on a haircut if you can't see it! ha ha

Sunshine Montessori said...

I know, I know....I'll post one soon, maybe...I dropped my camera and I think I killed it.

Alison said...

Girl, you should take those 10-11 inches of hair each year and send it to "Locks of Love". In fact at WBC together we could have probably made several wigs with all the hair in our room! ;-)

Sunshine Montessori said...

I usually do send it to Locks of Love when I have that much cut off...I think you have to cut at least 8 inches. Anyway, they wouldn't let me this time because my hair had been colored.

I remember all the hair in our room...it's a wonder we had any left on our heads!!!