Oct 7, 2007

Sunday Afternoon Project


Well, the above picture is the result of today's afternoon project. Kristin loves ballet and dancing even though she has no desire to take lessons. I bought the slippers and toe shoe from yesterday's garage sale (more on that later), added the ribbons, painted the letters pink and...VOILA! Hopefully the bookshelf I ordered for her room will be in this week and I can get the rest of her furniture painted...maybe!

Yesterday we had our Sunshine Montessori garage sale. We did pretty good considering Bikes, Blues and Barbaque was going on in Fayetteville and just about everyone in NW Arkansas was there. We had beautiful weather and as usual I was able to go through Maddie and Kenzies clothes that Shawn was ready to sale. Needless to say I racked up! I got about 5 swimming suits for Kristin to wear next summer. She wants to do swim team, so she will need them for practices. Anyway, we had a lot of mens and womens clothes left, so we took those to the Salvation Army. We kept the kids clothes for our next sale, since its kids clothes that usually sale the best. Chris and Kristin were in Joplin yesterday so when I came home I was able to take a shower and nap in peace and quiet!
Next weekend we will be in Cabot for Cabotfest. Last year Kristin and I went with Mom and Dad and Kristin had a blast. She definitely takes after me and Chris when it comes to the rides...she LOVES them. The bigger and faster the better!

1 comment:

c said...

That is really cute! I may have to steal that idea if Anna continues in Ballet/tap. Anna is so so on the ballet this time. This summer she took a princess dance camp here and loved it. The class she is in this time is not near as exciting.