Sep 29, 2007

Thank Goodness for Weekends!

What a monkey!
Kristin's class made "beach in a bottle"


Finally, it is Saturday and I have nowhere to go and nothing to do (other than laundry and a few usual things around the house). SO much has been going on lately and I am so ready to just enjoy this beautiful weekend. Next week will be busy again as we prepare for our school fundraiser garage sale next Saturday.
Here are some of the highlights of the craziness around here:

* I got infant, child and adult CPR certified and
* Pediatric first aid certified
* Finished 30 hours of early childhood teacher training
* Painted doorways in the front rooms of the school yellow
* Moved all the stuff from my old room at school to my new room (my old room will become the toddler room)
* Rearranged my room at school
* Finished evaluations on my kids for parent/teacher conferences in October
* Took Kristin to the doctor--she has a urinary tract infection
* Lost 9 pounds
* Finished reading A Thousand Splendid Suns
* Began reading The Glass Castle and The Memory Keeper’s Daughter
* Put together an outfit for Kristin’s pictures next Thursday (one we both agreed on!)
* Tried to get Hannah Montanna tickets (I didn’t)
* Began cleaning out the garage (haven’t finished)
* Checked on my health insurance coverage to see what the co-pay is for surgery (I don’t think my appendix will make it much longer)
* Ordered a bookshelf for Kristin’s room (no, I still haven’t finished painting her furniture)
* Drove by the new movie theatre to see what’s playing--Siloam has a movie theatre now!!! (Kristin and I are going to see The Game Plan--we wanted to see Hairspray, but it’s not on)
* Bought a new battery for my car--last night when I tried to leave school, my car was dead--so now Chris is putting in a new one with Kristin’s help!

Kristin is having a blast at school. Next week she will have her first test--an oral test over a memory verse. She is so excited about it...tests are fun when you are in Kindergarten!!! Last night she asked me if she was going to go to Ozark forever and I said she would as long as we could afford it. She smiled and said "Yay, I love it there!!!" Nothing could make me happier.

Chris is getting ready to start working overnights for five weeks while he helps with the remodel of the store. I am excited because I know what all they are going to be doing to the Wal-Mart and it will be awesome! He had to go to a jewlery meeting about a month ago covering new jewlery they have coming out...I can't wait to see it. After the remodel Chris is stepping down as assistant manager and is going back to a department manager. He was getting so stressed out and to the point he was working non-stop. He'll be manager of the infant/toddler department, will work 7-4 and have weekends off. We are all excited about it and can't wait to have him home on the weekends. After doing that for awhiel he'd like to move to a Neighborhood Market store.
I'm staying busy at school too. Next weekend is our fundraiser garage sale...hopefully the weather will be nice. We are getting into a good routine with the kids and they are keeping us very busy.
I hope everyone has a nice, relaxing weekend!

No comments: