Mar 14, 2009

Pinkalicious

Last Friday afternoon I got a call from the school nurse telling me that Kristin was running a temp, had a headache and cough....the virus that was making the rounds (I only had 4 kids in my class) seemed to have found her. So, I picked her up and let her hang out with me at school while I finished up my last couple of hours. Later that night Kristin was upset that she couldn't go watch the big girls playing softball, so we decided to make cupcakes. Kristin's favorite book, Pinkalicious, is about a little girl who eats so many pink cupcakes that she turns pink. We had a fun night of making pink strawberry cupcakes with pink strawberry icing....and they were "pinkalicious!"







Here is Kristin with her book....as you can see, she was turning pink, but not from cupcakes, but from fever (hence the fever patch).



She continued to run a high temp on Saturday, but was better Sunday. Then Monday afternoon when she got to Sunshine after school, she said she wasn't feeling good. I took her temp--101. So Tuesday we went to the doctor...uppper respiratory infection. So, she's on an antibiotic and is of course getting breathing treatments. She went to school Thursday and Friday and is feeling much better. Next week is parent teacher conference week. I'll be glad when this year is over!

No comments: