Aug 12, 2009

Where Has the Summer Gone????

Only one more week left of summer vacation. I can't believe Kristin will be in the first grade. Her teacher called a few nights ago to talk with her and that made her so happy! I was happy also to find out that her teacher is Mrs. Taylor. She has taught for a long time and is exactly what I requested Kristin get in a teacher...firm and structured, but loving. We've gotten all the school supplies together, a "new" backpack (thanks to Maddie and Kenzie!) and new lunchbox (Twilight, of course), and a first day outfit all ready to go. Next Monday is open house and then Wednesday is the first day of school! It will also be the first day of our official school year at Sunshine Montessori. The school-agers will be gone (finally!) and I will have 8 three year olds and 2 two and a half year olds. Lots of fun! I'm also getting ready to start a 45 hour training course on social/emotional learning. One of the girls in my class has some definite emotional issues and if I don't get some help, I'm going to have some emotional issues of my own! Hopefully it will be a good class. So, if you need me on a Tuesday night between now and December...you'll find me in class at Fayetteville!

Here are some random pictures from the last few weeks...Kristin is a goofball seems to be the theme!



This was after Kristin had been swimming all day one day at the aquatic center with the school-agers. She usually comes back worn out since she swims the entire three hours they are there. On this day it was very hot and she had a headache, and as soon as we got home she made a pallet and went to sleep!



Tyring on back to school clothes....



Here's Kristin trying out her dancing moves....






I'm not sure what she's doing here!!!!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

She looks so cute in the outfit with the scarf!
And, I love her freckles. I was really hoping Sawyer would get some with all the swimming lessons. He got a total of 3!