Aug 19, 2009

First Day...First Grade!





Well, Kristin started first grade. I took her to her class this morning and there were a few tears, but she was ok. She has such a hard time with change. Luckily there is a little girl in her class that she knows and Kristin talked about her a lot today, so hopefully that will help. Kristin got home around 4 and said that riding the bus is "so cool!" I like that I get home a little after 3:30 and have a quiet house before everyone gets home!

I already love Kristin's teacher. I got an email from her tonight. She said that Kristin had a good day and she appreciated the letter I wrote (I always write a letter letting them know about Kristin's personality, ADHD, OCD, etc. and I added today about her new medication). She said that she would watch Kristin for any adverse reactions, wanted to keep in close contact with me and work with me to help Kristin have a good year. That's more than I got all year from her Kindergarten teacher. So, I think it will be a good year for all of us.

Kristin went to the doctor yesterday. The doctor and I both think the Strattera may be causing some of her headaches, so we are switiching her over to a new medicine. It will be interesting to see what happens with the headaches. Migraines run in the family, so I won't be surprised if they don't go away completely. But as long as they aren't as often as they are now, I will be happy.

I'm still trying to get my classroom together. We have a few kids who aren't starting until next week, so we aren't "officially" beginning our new year until Monday. So, that gives me more time to put off getting my room done. It's driving me crazy, so I'm going to have to finish it.

That's about all the news from here. Kristin is bouncing off the walls. We went for a walk, she's been out playing with some kids and she just ran through here naked (she just finished her shower). Time for us all to go to bed! 5:15 came early for me this morning...I'm used to sleeping until 5:45 or 6:00. Now I've got to get up and ready before Kristin gets up, it just makes everything go smoother! Hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Sounds like a great teacher! Here's to 1st grade! My niece started 2nd grade this year. WOW! Time flies!