Jan 25, 2011

Winter Blues....NOT!


Kristin headed up the sledding hill near our house


Ah, yes, we are enjoying my most favorite time of the year...WINTER! I love it. I hate heat. I hate being hot. Unless I'm in a pool. Otherwise, give me some cold weather and snow. Why God chose to put me in the South, I'm still trying to figure out. We will have a discussion about it one day. Anyway, we had a pretty good snow last week. Enough to cancel schools, but not enough to cancel Sunshine Montessori! As one parent put it...we rock!!! We were very low on kids those two snow days and had a lot of fun with sledding, pizza party, hot chocolate and movies. I like it because when there are fewer kids, that means I can get cleaning, lesson planning, etc done! Of course I had to take Kristin sledding as well. She had a great time. She is a snow child too!

Only 6 more weeks until we hit Disneyland!!! AND...my Mama is going with us!!!! Kristin is so excited and really looking forward to a vacation with her Mom and Nene. I may need a vacation to recover from the vacation, but it will be fun.

I finally did it. I joined a gym. It had nothing to do with a New Year's Resolution, I just decided it would be in my best interest to get moving! And for me, a gym would be the best bet. If I'm paying for it, I'm a lot more likely to use it! I had first thought about joining Curves but when I went in to check it out, I was informed that because of my height, I probably wouldn't be able to use a lot of the equipment since they are made for women and aren't adjustable for height. Apparently women are only supposed to be short. SO, I went by Anytime Fitness and LOVED it. The club owner was so nice and was really sweet to Kristin, which of course won me over. The club is extremely clean and is open 24/7. So far I've gone everyday. Right now I'm just riding the bike and doing some walking on the treadmill. The best part is that I can plug my headphones into the tv on the bike (or treadmill) and watch tv. The first night I was so wrapped up in Shemar...I mean Criminal Minds..that I had no clue I'd been pedaling away for 45 minutes! Kristin has been going with me. She just hangs out on the couch and reads or plays her DSi. She's such an awesome kid.

No comments: