Mar 19, 2011

Day One at Disneyland!

Breakfast on the patio at Park Vue Inn...you can see part of the Matterhorn in the background.

Right across the street from us...Disneyland Resort!!!

Yay!!! We are finally here!!!!!!!!!!!!


We woke up Monday ready to go! We ventured up to the breakfast patio at the hotel for breakfast. The view was great...Space Mountain and The Matterhorn...right across the street! After grabbing a bite to eat, we headed to the park. We got through security and made our way to the stroller rental to meet Jim at 9:45. Jim arrived, got us in, and we were on our way! Of course the first place Kristin wanted to go was to Fantasyland, so we hopped on a double decker bus and were on our way. The first thing we rode was Pinnochio's Daring Journey, followed by pretty much everything in Fantasyland! Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was a definite favorite. Kristin was just so thrilled to finally be there and took time to soak it all in! We made our way to the teacups, then over to It's A Small World. Kristin loved the "show" outside the ride. Click here to see my Small World video.

Amazingly, one of my least favorite rides is the one I got the most pics of! Kristin enjoyed it but hated the song, over and over and over again!




Around 1:30 I headed over to California Adventure to pick up our World of Color picnics. We took them back to our hotel, ate lunch and rested. I didn't get a pic of the lunches, but they were pretty good. Mom had the Asian meal. I had a bite of her noodles and the salmon, both were really good. Kristin had the Kids All American and LOVED it. I got the Italian meal that consisted of crackers, cheese, meats, and an awesome piece of tiramisu...so good!

Park Vue Inn has a "social hour" which is basically a light supper. We went Monday night. They had nuggets, chips, salad, and different soups. It was ok....free, so I shouldn't complain. K loved the soup and was as happy as she could be :) After our quick supper we went to California Adventure. I really liked this park. Almost more than Disneyland and I wish we'd had more time to spend there.



We made our way to Paradise Pier and rode Mickey's Fun Wheel. I hate ferris wheels. Put me on a roller coaster and I'm happy. Ferris wheel...not so much. And on this one, you can get sliding/swinging gondalas....ugh, no thanks!

Hmmmm....would you buy this toy???????


We rode a few more rides then got in line for World of Color. We really enjoyed World of Color. The only thing I didn't like was the seating/standing area...it's hard for kids to see. K was able to stand on a rail, which I'm sure she wasn't supposed to do, but no one said anything, so she was able to see most of it. It also seemed to be complete chaos with the whole lineup. Half the people in line didn't have a fastpass and were completely unaware that you needed one to see the show. It's a new show, so I'm sure Disney will work out all the kinks. Next time we will have a better idea of where to stand, etc. The show is beautiful and Kristin liked that there are no fireworks involved (more on that later!). She even cried a little during the Lion King stampede. I liked it, but I would rather ride rides :) Here is my World of Color video.

Waiting for World of Color to start...this is one of my favorite pics.


After World of Color was over, Kristin was exhausted. This was the only night Kristin and I went to the room early. She was beat and had had enough!!



If you want to see all of my pictures from Day 1, click here

As I write this, Kristin and I are right back to battling allergies and asthma. Coming back to reality has hit us hard!!

No comments: