Mar 25, 2007

Just an Update

Well, once again things have gotten crazy. My Granny B (dad's Mom) passed away yesterday afternoon. She'd been sick off and on last month and then this past Tuesday my Uncle had to take her to the ER. A chest X-Ray showed a large mass around her lungs, numerous spots in the lungs and enlarged lymph nodes. They were pretty sure it was cancer and considering she smoked a long time, I'm sure it was. Anyway, they tried to do a biopsy Wednesday, but before they could do it, her oxygen went way down and they almost lost her. Mom, Lynn, and I went to Dallas Thursday and she was doing better. She was still on oxygen, but was talking, eating, joking and laughing. We left Friday and I got home Saturday and I found out when I got home that she'd died. But I'm very thankful we got to see her, that she was able to talk to us and knew who we were--there was NOTHING wrong with her mind, even at the end. And I'm glad that she wasn't really sick for long and wasn't in any pain. So, that's been my crazy past few days. I'll be going to Oklahoma later this week for the funeral. They will have a short service at the retirement home in Dallas and then she'll be buried in Oklahoma.

On a lighter note, the drive to and from Dallas was quite an adventure. Lynn drove, I read maps and mom was in the back. We never got lost and had a good time. I really like Dallas and want to go back.

Kristin is doing fine. Better than ever, actually. Chris kept her while I was gone and then she spent the weekend with Grandma and Grandpa. I was informed that she was PERFECT at school while I wasn't there---that figures! She's a mess when I'm there and an angel when I'm not! Oh well, a year and a half and she'll be going to kindergarten!

1 comment:

c said...

Glad you had a good visit before she passed. That is always meaningful and you get reassurance of their love for you and yours for them.
Glad Kristin is doing better. I am not looking forward to the K part!! I am totally scared to death. I think that is the mommy who wants to protect her world. I know that is not what she needs but it makes me feel that she still needs me. Oh well my heart and head need to start communicating.