Apr 12, 2007

Holy Moses!!!




We have a new family member--Moses, a 4 year old Basset/Beagle mix we adopted from a family in Joplin. He is pretty funny and just fits right in. The poor dog has been called Charlie Brown all his life, but Kristin insists on calling him Moses. So, I guess he figures we are complete idiots and will keep calling him the wrong name! He really is a good dog--housetrained, doesn't get on the furniture, and is great with Kristin. Kristin wanted a baby or a dog, so we went with dog!!!




Not much else is going on, which is a good thing. We've about decided to let Kristin finish preschool at Ozark Adventist Academy, a small private school in Gentry (about 5 miles from Siloam). I'm thankful I've been able to have her going to work with me, but having her in my class is just too much. It's hard being her mom and teacher--there's jealousy issues for her and it's just really stressful. Anyway, Ozark has a great elementary school. The pre-k and kindergarten class is combined and the teach Montessori style through third grade. When I asked Kristin if she wanted to go to a new school in the fall and went on to tell her that I would not be there, her eyes lit up and she said "YES"!!! Freedom for both of us!!!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Oh Moses/Charlie Brown is so cute! I can tell the Beagle in his face. Our dog is part Beagle and he has a similar face to Moses. I personally think they have the cutest expressions! Enjoy!

c said...

That will be nice for both of you. I cannot imagine teaching Anna!!