Apr 21, 2007

STRESS

Ok, anyone who knows me knows that I have huge issues with the dentist and will avoid going even though I know I should. I have not been to the dentist in years and now I'm paying for it. I've had a back tooth that has been bothering me for quite awhile. My insurance kicked in at the beginning of the year and I actually did call the dentist about the tooth, but since I was a new patient, it was going to be a month wait before I could get in. Well, the tooth quit hurting and I forgot about it. Thursday on my lunch break I was eating a fortune cookie and apparently the tooth that was hurting, part of the filling came out. I didn't know it and was chewing and bit down on the part of filling that came out. I felt like I'd bitten a rock--it hurt so bad and I have a high tolerance for pain. I spit everything out of my mouth, saw the filling and .....part of a tooth!! I think I kind of screamed at that point....I have recurring nightmares about my teeth falling out, so I was freaked out. I ran to the bathroom looked in the mirror and discovered part of my top tooth had broken off when I'd bitten the filling piece. The tooth that the filling came out of was on the bottom. So now I have two teeth that need work. I did a lot of calling to several dentists and found one who could squeeze me in Monday morning. So, I'm off to the denitst. Luckily we have great dental insurance, but I'm still dreading it like I've dreaded nothing before. I absolutely HATE going to the dentist!!!!

On top of all that...at school we are going through the process of getting our Arkansas Quality Approval. If you don't know what that is, it's a set of standards for preschools by the state of Arkansas. To get Quality Approved the school has to meet certain professional, educational and health standards. Also someone will come observe us all day to make sure we are meeting these standards. It's very stressful and a pain in the rear!!! Anyway, we are due to be observed this month, but we aren't told what day, so we just have to be prepared. With our luck she'll come on Monday---I'll be gone for the morning to the dentist, I'll come back in pain...next week is national Week of the Young Child and we've got all kinds of activities planned and it will be a hectic week. But if she waits until the last day of April to come...that's just mean. Oh, the stress!!!!!!

1 comment:

c said...

Well I hope the trip to the denist is not so BAD! I use to hate the denist until I had my implant done - now I do not mind so much. This will give you a good laugh. During the tooth pulling for my implant I did not feel so good and Chuck Wood said "You do not look so good do you feel o.....K?" Between the O and the K I threw up all over him! Needless to say the tooth did not get pulled that day. I laugh about this all the time. My current denist better watch out. He goes in for the tooth he may get a little something else.