Apr 28, 2007

What a Week!!!


Whew...I'm glad this week is over!!! It seemed like it went on forever. Monday morning I finally made a visit to the dentist. At first the hygenist thought I would need root canals on both teeth, but the dentist was able to do a "build up" on them and fill them both. I made an appointment in May for a cleaning and whole mouth exam. I know there are other cavities that need to be filled. So, if you haven't gone to the dentist.....GO!!!!


Last week was National Week of the Young Child. We had various activites going on throught the week at school. On Friday we had a trike/bike-a-thon for St. Jude Children's Hospital. The kids had so much fun and we raised a good amount of money. Kristin managed to have only one minor crash! Also the Quality Approval lady made her visit on Wednesday. She arrived a little after 8:30 and stayed until 4:00. She watched us all day, took lots of notes, and we will find out in 3-4 weeks how we did. I think we did great, even when the toilets backed up while we were brushing teeth and getting kids ready for nap. Luckily the plumber was right down the road and made it to the school in about 5 mintues!!! It ended up being a great day. It was supposed to storm all day, but God was smiling down on us and sent us sunny weather!


Kristin at the trike-a-thon (going the wrong way!)



On Thursday evening Kristin and I went out to Ozark Adventist School to meet her teacher. She fell in love with Ms. Pam immediately and cannot wait to go to "big school." While Ms. Pam was talking to the kids, she told them that she really wants them to come to Kindergarten there in the fall. Kristin told her, "But I'm not 5, I can't go to Kindergarten yet!" Ms. Pam told her that she can come to kindergarten there even though she's 4. (They combine the pre-k and kindergarten kids; they are called Kinders). Kristin looked at me with wide eyes and said, "Mom, is this KINDERGARTEN?" I told her yes and she said "WOW!" She really is excited and so am I! The first day of school in August 13th--the countdown has begun!!!!


Ozark Adventist School Gentry, Arkansas

1 comment:

c said...

Glad your denist trip is over. We are going to do that in a few weeks. I need to take Anna for her first visit.