Aug 31, 2008

Thank goodness for holidays and long weekends! After being in school for two weeks, we are in need of a little break. Kristin was sick this past Thursday and Friday and spent those days with me at work. She just laid on a mat and hung out. On Thursday afternoon when she was starting to feel better I let her get up to do some art. Well, I was in the back of the school getting a load of laundry ready when I heard a child crying and then screaming...and then I realized it was Kristin. I found her in the bathroom with another teacher with blood running down her hand and arm. She had been cutting and accidently cut her finger (yes, that's my child). After about 20 minutes of screaming and me about to pass out...blood has never bothered me, but that day, I about lost it and we both ended up on the floor before it was all said and done....I got the bleeding to stop enough to see that while she had managed to cut a small part of the tip off, it didn't need stitches. My nursing genes kicked in and I got her all bandaged up. Needless to say we all took some Motrin before going to bed!


Showing off her hurt finger


Kristin is enjoying school and is having fun. I am working 7-3, which means I get up at 5:30 (which I actually like), get myself ready, get Kristin up around 6:45 and we go to the school. She gets dressed and has breakfast there and Shawn picks her up and takes her to school with her girls. Then at 3 when she walks over from the school, we go home. And I love my class this year. Shawn and I switched...she is teaching the pre-k kids and I have the younger ones. I have eight 3 year olds, only 2are girls. They are good kids though and I just love seeing their minds at work. They are like little sponges. Anyhow, the schoolyear has started off pretty well.


Ready for the first day of Kindergarten



Enjoying some hot chocolate after school


Hope eveyone has a good holiday weekend. Keep those on the Gulf in your prayers. I have a couple of friends who live in the New Orleans area and have evacuated...it's not looking good. We aren't doing anything exciting. I'm planning on sending myself to the spa next weekend for my birthday...I definitely need a massage!!!

1 comment:

c said...

Hope you had a great b-day! Ouch on the finger. That looks like it HURT!