Jul 22, 2009

Grown Up Survey

Got this survey from Alison :)

Tired of all of those surveys made up by high school kids?! 'Have you ever kissed someone? Missed someone? Told someone you loved them? Drank alcohol? Well, here are questions for those of us who are a little older.

1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
the car payment

2. Where was the last place you had a romantic date?
Well, we are probably the most un-romantic couple around, but we did have a nice steak dinner at Gaskins Cabin in Eureka Springs for our anniversary last month.

3. What do you really want to be doing right now?
reading...I need a good book to read

4. How many colleges did you attend?
one...Williams Baptist College in Walnut Ridge

5. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
because it is comfortable

6. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
I don't think about it much since Chris always fills up my car for me...if he didn't I would be stranded on the side of the road, out of gas!

7. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
I turned it off before it was time to get up. I always wake up before it goes off...my first thought was "two more days until vacation!"

8. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
don't remember

9. Do you miss being a child?
No

10. What errand/chore do you despise?
ironing! I NEVER iron...Chris irons all of his shirts for work!

11. Get up early or sleep in?
I actually like getting up early...I get up around 5:30. Sleeping in for me is around 8:00...I'm always the first one up.

12. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
milk, regular and vanilla soy

13. Beach or lake?
lake

14. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
No

15. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
Desperate Housewives

16. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
hahaha, let's count how many times I've been in a wreck...once with Cassie on Missouri Street, then with Cassie again pulling into her driveway (a guy behind me ran into me). Then there was the time I rear-ended a car in Cabot. Then Chris and I were in a wreck on Range Line in Joplin when we were rear-ended. All of the wrecks were in my Blazer and were not serious (thank goodness)

17. Ever had to use a fire extinguisher for it's intended purpose?
Nope, never used one

18. Ring tone?
Just the AT&T ringtone

19. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth.
Not really sure...

20. Where have you never been and would like to go?
The East Coast

21. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
No, I'm happy in my career, believe it or not!
A relationship as in friends, sure...you can't have too many!

22. How old are you?
33

23. Do you have a "go to" person?
Yep

24. Are you where you want to be in life?
Yes...and still getting surprised along the way!

25. Growing up, what were your favorite cartoons?
I really liked the old Warner Brothers cartoons..Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tweety

26. What about you do you think has changed the most?
I'm a lot more patient than I used to be

27. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life?
NO WAY!

28. Did you have a pager?
No, I didn't even have a cell phone until a few years ago and they are still one of my biggest pet peeves!

29. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager?
Usually at someone's house

30. Were you the type of kid you would want your children to hang out with?
Yes...I was quiet and shy, followed the rules...just the opposite of Kristin! She's more like I am now!!!!

31.Who do you think impacted your life the most?
Several people...some I never realized until years later

32. Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out for you?
Yes, my senior year English teacher in high school...he really prepared us for college with all the writing and essays we had to do, which I loved.

33. Do you tell stories that start with “when I was your age..."?
All the time...to my preschoolers and to Kristin! I catch myself saying things that mom and dad would tell me when I was little that would make me just roll my eyes (when they weren't looking, of course!)

Well, I needed blog fodder...if you do...copy and post this to your blog!

No comments: