Oct 29, 2009

A Pox On You!

Well, chicken pox has hit our home. Kristin started breaking out Tuesday night. I just thought it was a rash (she always has one of some sort), but the next morning there were a few more spots and had a low grade temp. I went ahead and sent her to school with a note for the nurse. The nurse called around 8:30, said K's temp was 100 and she was pretty certain it was the pox. By the time I picked her up, she'd broken out even more. So, she has been going to work with me, but staying upstairs where we store stuff (there's a tv, games and all kinds of things for her to do up there). K has had the shot and even a booster several months ago, and I guess that is keeping her case mild. She has about 30 spots and has been running a temp, but only around 100-101. Last night I gave her an oatmeal bath, which grossed her out...she kept saying she couldn't believe she was sitting in food! She was up and down all last night and didn't sleep well, so I came home early from work today and she went right to bed. That's a sure sign she's not her normal self. We are praying that she will be better by Saturday night so that she can go to Fall fest at church and do some trick-or-treating.

No comments: