Feb 4, 2011

Let It Snow.....

Last night I got word that Sunshine Montessori would be open today, but only from 9-5. Since we'd only have a handful of kids it wouldn't be a normal school day and we'd just be working split shifts. I worked 9-1 (I still woke up at 5:30). Around 9:30 it started snowing. Then it started snowing harder. And harder. The dusting we were supposed to get today quickly turned into 5-6 inches and it's still snowing (it's almost 7pm). This is in addition to the 8-9 inches already on the ground.



I left work, stopped by Max's (a gas station) to get milk, then made it home. The roads were completely snow covered and when I got into my neighborhood I couldn't tell where the road was. But we made it home just fine, even though I couldn't make it up the driveway! I do have to say that the big black Coupe is awesome in the snow!!

After K played in the snow, it was game time! First Operation, then Qwirkle. We are serious Qwirkle players and both get pretty competitive. We'll take forever to make a move as we decide which tiles will get us the most points. This game is unfinished, still in the floor, ready to finish (maybe) tomorrow.



K also got out her Shrinky Dinks. Or as she says it, "Shrink A Dink!" I have not done shrinky dinks since I was a kid and these are better than the ones I remember.







Finally, as if we don't have enough snow, Kristin has been making snowflakes....



I have to admit, I love the snow. Every single fluffy flake! I've always loved winter. My favorite thing is riding horses in the snow. Can't help it, but I am a winter weather girl!

No comments: