Sep 16, 2008

Stomach Bugs and Dirty Sheets

Kristin has caught the stomach bug! It didn't last long, but it was not fun! It started yesterday around 4:45. Kristin was at her ballet class and I'd walked down to a bookstore to use my gift certificate and look around while she was dancing. Just as I'd finished picking out my books and was about to sit down to start reading, I got a call from the dance center saying that Kristin wasn't feeling good. So, I paid for my books and went back to the studio. I found her laying in the lap of another mom with a cold cloth on her head. I thanked her for taking care of Kristin and we left. Just as we got in the car Kristin said she was going to throw up. I dumped my books out of the bag and let her use it to get sick it. Chris found it amusing that I left the bag by the curb, but I wasn't about to bring it home!

We made it home and Kristin went to bed. I figured she had a migraine since she was complaining of having a headache. Around 7:00 she woke up and said she was hungry. I gave her chicken noodle soup, a warm bath, oh, did I mention she threw up in her bed before she went to sleep? Well, she did and at this point had one set of sheets in the laundry and a new set on her bed. After her bath she wanted to lay in my bed at watch the Disney channel. I tucked her in with Raggedy Ann and a bucket, just in case. As I was taking her clean sheets out of the dryer, here she came, down the hall, telling me she'd thrown up in my bed and had missed the bucket. SO, I took off those sheets and started a new load in the wash. By this point her stomach was hurting really bad and I knew it wasn't a migraine. She fell asleep on the couch and I put her in her bed around 11:00. She got sick again in the night and once more this morning. Since then she is fine and dandy and wanting to go out to play. Needless to say we all have clean sheets!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Oh how I dread the stomach bug days that I know are going to come eventually . . .