Dec 27, 2008

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve began as Christmas Eve never should, which was with Kristin waking up with 101 fever. Luckily I had the day off, so we just hung around the house in our PJ's, making cookies and doing breathing treatments. Kristin really was trying to pretend that she felt fine and was worried that she wouldn't get any presents if she was sick. I assured her that no matter what, she would get her presents. One of the girls at school gave all the teachers a set of cookie dough mix. Mine was sugar cookie, so that's what Kristin and I used for Santa's cookies. We made snowmen this year and they turned out pretty cute. I am happy to say that the night before I got the last bag of powdered sugar at Wal-Mart to make icing!




Kristin also had to put out the reindeer food that she made at school.




After we baked cookies we watched A Christmas Story then checked the Santa Tracker on the NORAD site. That really is neat. You can see all the places Santa has been and see "news reports" of Santa sightings around the world. Each year Kristin gets more and more excited about the tracker and as he gets closer to the US, she knows it's almost time for bed. Kristin asked me if I still believe in Santa and I said, "Of course!" I cannot imagine Christmas without the magic of Santa. We did let Kristin open one present from us...clay. She was so excited and has since made several coil pots and is getting them ready to paint.


Before bed we read the Christmas story from Kristin's children's Bible and then it was off to bed...so we thought. Kristin laid with Chris while he watched tv and would NOT go to sleep. So I laid down with her and she finally calmed down enough to fall asleep. Kristin left specific instructions for Santa to use the Hannah Montanna paper she picked to wrap her presents, so that's just what he did ;) and he left a present under the tree in her room as she requested as well. Kristin also decorated a box with pictures and drawings for Santa. On the box she wrote "It is 4 u, Santa and Ms. Klos. Luv, Kristin Arft" Of course I kept the box and drawings!

Kristin woke up at 7:30 Christmas morning informing me that Santa had left presents and that her head felt better (she still had a little fever).

For breakfast Chris had his first experience with biscuits and chocolate gravy. Being from Missouri, he'd never heard of it and wanted to try it (Kristin had never had it either). And as I figured, they both liked it. Chris had to work overnight, so we just stayed at home, which I love. I like seeing family, but I love Christmas when we can open presents, hang out at home and not have to worry about going anywhere.

This weekend we are going to Cabot for Christmas with Mom, Lynn, and her family. I'll post lots of Christmas pictures when we get back.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Your cookies look great! I can't wait till Sawyer is old enough to decorate cookies!

c said...

Anna woke up with a fever too!!! We had to delay our travel plans and no pictures of the girls together b/c we sure did not need Caroline to get it!

Overall Christmas turned out ok. Glad to see that Santa did just as he was told to.

c said...

Anna woke up with a fever too!!! We had to delay our travel plans and no pictures of the girls together b/c we sure did not need Caroline to get it!

Overall Christmas turned out ok. Glad to see that Santa did just as he was told to.