Dec 14, 2008

Christmas Tour

Merry Christmas and welcome to the Christmas Tour of Homes. Grab a mug of coffee or hot chocolate and enjoy the tour!

Santa greets you as you make your way to our house. Kristin was so excited about this addition to our house and yard decorations.



Once inside, you'll find my table with some of my many snowmen. Also I have my Christmas Card Tree. I found this last year at Khol's and have really enjoyed it. Hoepfully it will have more cards on it in the days to come!



Hanging on the wall next to the table are our stockings. My grandmother made my stocking and my mom made Chris and Kristin's. I considered learning how to make them myself, but they involve a lot of cross-stitch and beadwork and I do not have the attention span or patience to do it!




This is my wreath that is too delicate to put on an outside door, so I hang it on the wall above the couch. It was made by the mother of a friend of mine from Japan.





Here is our tree. I usually do ribbon, but Kristin wanted the cranberry and gumdrop garland, so that's what we went with. We considered getting a live tree this year, but with all the allergy and asthma issues we've been having, we decided against it.



To the right of the tree are more snowmen. I love my snowman who counts down the days till Christmas.



To the left of the tree you'll find a good place to relax and enjoy a cup of coffee (or hot chocolate).


On top of the entertainment center is our nativity...


Here is our door going to the garage...


and as you make your way to the kitchen....on top of my pantry you'll find more Chrismas odds and ends. Some I have had since I was little. I love the little Christmas cottage. When you blow out the tealight candle inside, smoke comes out of the chimney.


And in the kitchen window...more snowmen, of course! I also put out my Coca-Cola Polar Bear glass...I always loved those commercials and am so sad they no longer show them.



Down the hall is Kristin's advent calendar. This was mine when I was little, a family friend made it for me. Now Kristin looks forward to moving the bear each day until he finds Christmas. She is especially excited about it this year since she is beginning to be able to read some of it herself.


Here is Kristin's tree and her ornament she got last year at the Precious Moments Chapel. She is hoping that Santa will leave a present under her tree.







Well, that about does it. Thanks for visiting and have a merry Christmas!!!!!

3 comments:

Suzie said...

I absolutely love your stocking hanger. That's a great alternative when you don't have a mantle to use.

Ms. Tee said...

That is a very cute stocking hanger - and I've never seen a red tree like that - how unique. :)

Susanne said...

That red tree is so cute. I've never seen one like that.

I'll bet you'll get lots of comments about the stocking hanger. Beautiful stockings and a great idea to hang them. Beautiful home.