Dec 3, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

Wow, seems like a lot has been going on lately and I haven't posted in weeks. I'm at home sick. Kristin was sick the past couple of days and I think I have whatever it was that she had. Chris has a cold, but doens't have a fever or anything. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Kristin and I went to Cabot, then went with Mom to my aunt's house in Truman for Thanksgiving. Kristin had so much fun playing with Luke and riding with Uncle Dutch on the 4-wheeler. She was so upset when we had to leave. Lynn, Brandon and Lindsay went back to Cabot with us and spent the weekend. We all got up at 4:30 Friday morning and headed to Wal-Mart. I was on a mission to find Kristin a coat and a fleece-lined jacket. They had great deals on them and Kristin is SO picky about her coats (all clothes, actually)...they have to feel just right and not be too "puffy" (she has a wonderful Gap down filled coat that she refuses to wear). We found a couple of coats and some other things. I think everyone but Lindsay took a nap later that day. We came back home Saturday to a nice, clean house (thanks, Chris). Chris had gone to Joplin and ended up staying the night since the weather was getting bad. Kristin slept in the bed with me and at 4am, threw up all in the bed. So, I did a load of sheets at 4 in the morning! We awoke Sunday to snow! It snowed all day and night and we got a nice dusting...it was so pretty.

Here are some more birthday pictures...some from Kristin's birthday with Grandma and Grandpa. I'll post pictures from Cabot soon...Blogger is giving me trouble!

Within the next couple of weeks we will be having a referral conference with Kristin's teacher and school to request that she be evaluated for an IEP or 504 plan. What that would do is require the teacher and school to make accomidations for her such as a quiet place to do work, daily reports about her day that are more in-depth than what I usually get, more one on one teaching, etc. And if she qualifies, she would get to work with an occupational therapist on her many sensory issues (refer to her clothing issues above). Anyway, hopefully this will get things going in the right direction. I never hear from her teacher, but Kristin seems to be having fun at school and is beginning to read...all I did in Kindergarten was play! Oh well. I will update again after the conference.









No comments: