Apr 15, 2010


Kristin has wanted an American Girl doll FOREVER even though she's never been that into dolls. But she loves these dolls. And I love the books that come with them, etc. I tried explaining that these dolls are pretty pricey and we just can't spend that much money on a doll right now. Well, I was browsing on ebay and found the AG doll, Julie, that she has been wanting...for 30 BUCKS! In excellent condition. Needless to say I ordered it and didn't say a word to K. A couple of days later she got a birthday party invitation and the girls are asked to bring their dolls (AG and such) and she said, pitifully, "But I don't have an American doll." I gave in and told her that I'd already ordered her one...she immediately broke into tears and started screaming THANK YOU! Her doll came in today...looks brand new! And the best part, she thinks it is ;)

A few days ago I was pulling weeds in the garden and found next to the strawberry patch (which I didn't know I'd have...I didn't know strawberries come back!) a rabbit nest with four babies! They are so cute! I've had to keep an eye on the dogs so that they don't catch the mom when she's out there. They don't have a clue the babies are there. As cute as they are, once they are gone, I will let the dogs get after any rabbits eating okra in my garden! Don't mess with a Southern girls okra! Here are the baby bunnies, all cute and cuddly!




Tonight we made a milk run. Kristin had the best time seeing the cows being milked. It really is cool to see the milk going pretty much straight from the cow to our milk jars. One interesting thing I've noticed about this milk...K and I both have a milk allergy and while it's not bad, but if we drink too much milk, we'll start breaking out in a rash. Well. we've both been drinking this milk more than once a day and NO RASH! LOVE IT! I broke out in hives last week and thought it might be the milk, but lo and hehold, it was the new laundry detergent. But thanks to my friend, Kristen, I have some homemade laundry detergent to try :)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hopefully the new detergent won't give you any issues! We've enjoyed it and I DEFINITELY like the price! ;) It's pretty easy to make! :)

She was so cute with her doll last night! How exciting. Bekah isn't aware of the dolls, yet. But Mommy really wanted Kirsten and never got her. My sisters went in and bought it for her for Christmas since they were retiring it. Last year, she didn't need anything, so I recommended both of our parents get her a doll - so they got her Emily. :) I figure later she'll have fun with the clothes (and they are WAY cheaper!) If you take up sewing, I can email you the link for the outfit patterns. They aren't too hard, everything is just small!!!!! The dress I made for Bekah's doll is an authentic AG pattern when they used to sell patterns. We have several of the movies (Samantha, Felicity & Kit) if you girls need a girl's night!