Apr 11, 2010

Mouse In the House?

I think I just heard a mouse in the kitchen. Great. What happened to my kingsnake living under the rosebush??? He's either dead or no longer catching mice for me. Time to break out the Dcon!

I THINK Kristin is beginning to feel better. Last Wednesday she woke up complaining that her lower back was hurting, right around the kidney area. The next morning she was in tears and running a temp. I took her to work with me and by that afternoon she was fine, so I was still unsure about taking her to the doctor, especailly since it wasn't hurting when she went to the bathroom...not that she was letting on, anyway. We went to Walmart after work and picked up and over the counter UTI test kit, a wonderful invention (wish they made one for strep). It almost immediately turned positive. So, we went to the new walk in clinic at Walmart. I LOVED the nurse practicioner and the fact that I didn't have to pay over 100 dollars either, which is what I would've paid at the doctor since K's Arkids hasn't gone through (they are taking their time). We got her started on some meds (4 bucks, thank you wallyworld), but the next day was still running a fever. Yesterday she was feeling ok but last night had a horrible stomachache and woke up with a fever again. Now she is fine and says she feels much better. I hope so, for both our sakes!

Kristin had requested that we go to Red Lobster one day to use my gift card, so we went yesterday for lunch. We both ate shrimp and it was so so good. After lunch we ran by Old Navy to see what they had on sale. Kristin found some really cute shirts and a sundress. I hadn't been in Old Navy in years...they made me mad when they quit carrying women's jeans in tall. But I gave in and took K shopping. She had a good time and even agreed to try on the clothes, which she hates and gets from me. Neither of us are much of shoppers. I realized after we got home we should've run in Target and I needed to go by Ozark Natural Foods. Oh, well, there's always next weekend.

No comments: