Nov 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Kristin!

Yesterday Kristin turned seven! SEVEN!!! How in the world??? Of course, she thinks she's 17but that's another story!

We started out the day with a birthday breakfast. Of all the things she likes for breakfast, she picked toast! Oh well, at least it was with our yummy strawberry preserves and apple butter! She had to have candles with her breakfast, I mean, how can you start a birthday without them????





Don't worry, I didn't let he go to school with this bad bed head 'do!

I ended up having to work late that night so Chris went ahead and took her to Wal-Mart to pick out her cake and present. We decided just to let her shop, which I think she enjoyed. After I got home we ate supper at K's favorite place, "The Beans Place," aka Taqueiro El Rancho. Kristin got her usual cheese enchiladas, rice, and yes, beans. And she ate my beans. She loves beans. That explains a lot. Anyway, I'm getting off the subject. We came home after supper, had cake, ice cream and K showed me how her present works. It's some kind of ICarly thing...the dolls basically have conversations with each other. Kinda scary. She also got some Camp Rock body wash and shampoo I ordered for her a couple of months ago and almost forgot about....







Kristin told me her class sang to her, as well as everyone on the bus coming home from school. She also was serenaded at Awana the night before. Then she got numerous phone calls from Grandma and Grandpa, Nene, Dr. Walter's office (our dentist), toys-r-us...so it was a big day.

Tomorrow is the party at Fun City. She is super pumped and ready to go. I, however, am not feeling so pumped and hope to be feeling better in the morning. This weatehr is wrecking havoc on my sinuses. It's 8:30 and Kristin's already asleep, which is not normal, so hopefully it's just a fluke. She had a big day today...field trip to the Walton Arts Center to see "Strega Nona."

Oh, I almost forgot...yesterday I had K's birthday announced durning the birthday segment of the morning show on 101.1, a radio station from JBU. Well, they pick a name to win a gift certificate to Marketplace Grill and Kristin won! Marketplace, here we come!

I'll post pics from the party soon!

No comments: