Nov 6, 2009

Last Soccer Game

Last night K's team lost their game, so that was the end of the season for them. They were dissapointed, but they played hard and had fun. Kristin was pretty hesitant throughout most of the game, I think being kicked in the face in the previous game made her a little leery. But she had a good time, especially since Grandma and Grandpa surprised her by showing up at the game! When we were walking to the fields, she said "That guy looks like Grandpa....that IS Grandpa!" So sweet. Kristin informed us last night that she will play in the spring, but only if she can be on Pastor Tad's team (I'm not sure how that works) and dissapointed Dad and Grandpa when she told them she was DONE playing softball (hehehe). I don't blame her though...I'm as ADD is she is and I got bored at the softball games...just way too slow.

Warming up before the game....


After the game we went to eat at Callahan's. As you can see from the pictures, it was getting late and Kristin was getting tired and wild. You can see the crazy look in her eyes...she was all over the place!



Kristin's "food art"....yes, she was playing with her food!







Wednesday night I went to Kristin's parent teacher conference. If you remember, last year was not a good year for K...she did not get along with her teacher and it was just a mess. Well, I was somewhat apprehensive about the conference. Mrs. Taylor went over K's report card...she has an A in math, reading right where she should be and her handwriting is advanced for her age (where did she get that? definitley not from me or Chris!) and that she is doing very well. I just waited...waited for the "she talks all the time and I can't get her to pay attention" but instead I got..."she NEVER talks!!!" WHAT!!! I about fell out of my tree! Are you kidding me??? Actually Mrs. Taylor said she talks, but not excessively and she does get unfocused, but apparently Mrs. Taylor is able to get her back to concentrating on her work, whereas her kindergarten teacher just wanted to be able to give her an assingment and not have to check up on her. Sorry, not going to happen, not with an ADHD child. Anyway, the conference went well and Kristin is doing great. I'm so proud of her.

Also on Wednesday night K got her first badge in Awana. That really made her night. She has changed so much over the past year. And in 6 days, she'll be SEVEN (going on seventeen....). She's just scootin' right along!!!

No comments: