Dec 13, 2009

Christmas Tour of Homes

Christmas Tour of Homes with The Nester


Welcome to the 2009 Bloggy Christmas Tour of Homes, hosted by The Nester! Come on in, grab a cup of cocoa and make yourself at home!

Here's the front of our house...nothing extreme, but enough to look festive. My in-laws were here a few weeks ago and commented about our "naked" Santa...now I'm obsessed with the fact that I have a naked blow up Santa in the front yard!!! Oh well...moving along...





As you come inside you will find my Christmas village. This is the first time I've had a Christmas village. This one was given to me this year from my mother-in-law. It belonged to her sister, my husband's aunt, who passed away from cancer earlier this year. So, it is a special Christmas addition. I hope next year to have a country village and a victorian village.





Behind the village you'll find two of my favorite Christmas books..."Twas The Night Before Christmas" and "The Passion Tree" by artist Jack E Dawson. If you've never checked out his artwork, I HIGHLY recommend it. He does amazing pictures "hidden" in his paintings.



Next to the village are our stockings. Since we don't have a fireplace to hang the stockings by, I found this cute stocking holder several years ago. These stockings are all handmade...mine and my husbands were made by my grandmother.



My daughter's was made by my mother. I am way too ADD to complete anything like it!



Here is our den...this year Kristin, my daughter, requested a live tree. The first few days were rough, with the allergy and asthma issues we have, but we've adjusted. Our tree is pretty traditional...cranberry and gumdrop garland and ornaments we've collected over the years. No "themes" here. The one, I guess, contemperary thing about the tree is the topper. Usually we have an angel on top, but she was retired this year...she'd had some rough Christmases! I made this topper and still am not sure if I like it or not!






Here are some of my snowmen...I've collected snowmen for several years and love them all!



And my Christmas card tree. I only have a few cards...maybe everyone is putting off sending cards to the last minute like me :)



Here is my nativity, given to me from my Grandmother. I have another one that my aunt and uncle gave us the year we got married. However, baby Jesus has been MIA for the past three years. I keep thinking I will find him one Christmas!



Now making your way to the kitchen...here is the door going to the garage. I've got my 12 Days of Christmas ornaments hanging on the garland. Our tree couldn't handle anymore trees and I saw that my friend hangs hers on her garland (thanks for the idea,Mandy) so that's what I did. They aren't fancy, but I love them.





Here is the kitchen table...I at one time had all reindeer plates and mugs, but they have gotten broken over the years. I need to find replacements.





More snowmen in the kitchen window...





And on the kitchen counter....want a piece of candy?




Other kitchen odds and ends...


I love this little cottage. I've had it since I was a little girl. My favorite thing is that after you blow out the candle inside, smoke comes out of the chimney!



Down the hallway I have our advent calendar. This was made for me by a family friend when I was little. I loved it and now Kristin loves it. The wreath hanging above it was made by my friend's mother in Japan.



I think that ends the tour! Please leave your mugs in the sink and have a wonderful holiday season! I leave you with a picture of one of our many beautiful northwest Arkansas sunsets.









3 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm glad you were able to use my garland idea!

And I don't think your Santa is nekid! I think it's a big beard.

Carly said...

I love all the snowmen and the reindeer plates. I've a soft place in my heart for reindeer dishes. Thanks for sharing your lovely home! Merry Christmas.

Carly said...

I love all the snowmen and the reindeer plates. I've a soft place in my heart for reindeer dishes. Thanks for sharing your lovely home! Merry Christmas.