Dec 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Chris!

Yesterday Chris turned 34! Kristin was so excited about his birthday and could not wait to get him a cake and presents. So yesterday morning we got up and went shopping. I got him the movie Terminator Salvation. I knew it was one he was wanting. Kristin couldn't decide what to get until she saw the hats. She found a great Arkansas hat, but I told her Daddy would not wear an Arkansas hat (it's not his fault...after all he's not a true Arkansan and doesn't know any better). Finally she found a Jeff Gordon hat and decided to get it. Can't go wrong with NASCAR for Chris. We picked out a yummy chocolate cake and came home. Kristin helped me get everything set up, then we woke up Chris. Here are some pictures.


Chris and his presents...he said the hat will match the new Jeff Gordon coat he bought for his birthday.


I know there are not 34 candles on the cake, but I just stuck some on there to make Kristin happy. According to her, a cake is not a birthday cake unless there are candles!


Kristin and her Daddy!

After presents we got ready to go to Fayetteville. Chris decided he wanted to eat at Red Lobster. So we went for a late lunch/early dinner. It is funny that Chris loves Red Lobster since he does NOT eat seafood. He loves their cajun chicken alfredo. And who doesn't love their cheddar biscuits?! Kristin cracked me up when she was deciding what to eat. The kids menu was just beneath her and her seafood needs. That girl wanted lobster tail! So, she ended up ordering from the adult menu and got herself shrimp and lobster tail...that is MY girl! I got the seaside shrimp and it was so so yummy! Of course Kristin had to tell our waiter it was Chris' birthday...I think she just wanted the dessert! Which, by the way, was wonderful!

After Red Lobster we made our way to Toys R Us, much to my dismay. I hate that store. Especially the Fayetteville one. It's just always a mess and unorganized. But Kristin had a 3 dollar off coupon to use that she got for her birthday and it was about to expire. She narrowed her choices down to a SIS Barbie and a Hannah Montanna digital camera...what did she pick? The camera! Again I say, that's my girl! She has been taking pictures non-stop!

After that we headed to the mall for a quick Santa stop. She was getting grumpy at this point, but she saw Santa, told him what she wanted for Christmas and we left.





We'd planned to take her to the Square to see all of the lights, but she wanted to go home. We got home and I checked her temp...100.4. Lovely. She's had a nasty cough, but I'm hoping it's just a cold. We're staying home from church today. We'll see what happens. Winter is hard on her and her...with her having asthma, she gets upper resp. infections all through winter. Not fun. Anyway, that's been our weekend. Lot's of fun. I'm getting ready to take pictures for the Christmas bloggy tour of homes.

Christmas Tour of Homes with The Nester

It is always great...I love seeing all the homes and getting new ideas. Be sure to check back tomorrow!

No comments: