Dec 2, 2009

25 Questions About Christmas

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Usually wrapping paper, but there are always one or two gifts that I don't have the right box for, so I stick them in a gift bag.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
When Chris and I got married we always got a real tree. Then I discovered pre-lit trees. This year Kristin wanted a real one, so we got one. It is beautiful and really no trouble, but the first few days I was sneezing and wheezing like crazy. I think my body has adjusted now!

3. When do you put up the tree?
Right after Thanksgiving...this year was later than normal....I couldn't get in the swing of things.

4. When do you take the tree down?
I've been known to leave the tree up for quite awhile since I hate taking decorations down, re-organizing all the boxes, etc. But I guess I will have to take it down at a reasonable time this year since it's a real tree!

5. Do you like eggnog?
No way, I like vanilla custard, which tastes like a creamy milkshake. I can't find it anywhere, but we always had it growing up. I have found a brand of eggnog that is vanilla flavored that tastes almost like it, but not as good.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
When I was little it was my cabbage patch dolls...when I was older, it was my saddle.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
my niece and nephew

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Kristin

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
MAIL!!!! I am horrified my invitations and cards sent by email, but I guess that's what we are coming to...I LOVE sending cards and getting them in the mail. Plus, if they are sent by email, I have nothing to put on my Christmas card tree!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I don't think I've ever gotten anything I really didn't like.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
There are too many! Kristin and I watch A Christmas Story almost every night. Then there's Christmas Vacation. I love It's A Wonderful Life and The Polar Express too. Then there are movies like The Holiday, Love Actually, and The Family Man, which aren't traditional Christmas movies, but take place during Christmas, so they are some of my holiday favorites.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Sometimes a few months before, but not usually until right before Christmas.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No…not that I can remember

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Gooey Butter Cake! I've also started making biscuits and chocolate gravy on Christmas morning.

16. Lights on the tree?
Yep, colored ones

17. Favorite Christmas song?
It's always been O Holy Night, but I think after hearing Andrea Bocelli and Mary J Blige sing What Child Is This, that is now my favorite. In fact, everyone should immediately google Andrea Bocelli and Mary J Blige on Oprah, download and enjoy....over and over and over!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay home...we go to Joplin the weekend before and then Cabot the weekend after. We stay home Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and I love it. Chris has to work a few hours Christmas night, so that gives us a reason to stay home without worrying about offending anyone!

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen(I memorized Twas The Night Before Christmas when I was four and can still recite most of it).

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning...Kristin opens one on Christmas Eve

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
The rushing around...feeling like you have to be here or there

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I have several...one belonged to my grandmother, it is pink and white glass (I think it was red at one point, but has faded), my Thing Two ornament (Dad called Lynn Thing One and me Thing Two) and the first Christmas present Chris gave me...a Bobba Fett ornament :)

24. Favorite memory of Christmas?
Too many to pick one...last year was great...we opened presents, watched 24 hours of A Christmas Story, had biscuits and chocolate gravy and just enjoyed the day.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I told Chris I wanted a set of Chicago Cutlery knives...I LOVE kitchenware and I needed a new set of knives. Well, when Kristin and I got back from Cabot after Thanksgiving, what was waiting for me on the kitchen table? A set of Chicago Cutlery knives!!!!

No comments: